Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Monday, 12 October 2015

Weeping Window (poppies from the tower)

Last year Tony and I went down to London to see the stunning display of poppies at the tower.  We have just returned from a visit to the Woodhorn Colliery museum up in Northumberland where they have part of the original display. The Weeping Window is well worth a visit if you are looking for somewhere to go and the colliery museum is set in a stunning site complete with lovely lake and small gauge railway.  Admission to the museum was free but car parking cost £3.50 all day. It would have been worth £3.50 just to view the poppies.





2 comments:

  1. How lovely that the beautiful display has been reused. The Tower was stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous and a very apt memorial not only to the young men who lost their lives to the battle but to all the miners who did the same.x

    ReplyDelete