Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Sunday, 4 October 2015

Private lessons

On Friday afternoon I gave a private beading lesson to a lovely lady.  A fellow wood turner asked whether I taught privately and said that his partner would like a lesson in jewellery making.  Well what a lovely afternoon I had and what a fast learner Joy turned out to be.  Within the space of a few hours she mastered Square stitch, Peyote stitch, Brick stitch and spiral rope.  When Joy left it was to visit Hobbycraft to buy some nymo thread.  Of course I knew that no one could walk past all those pretty beads and not be tempted.  I wasn't at all surprised when she emailed me to say that she had indeed been tempted. Beading is such a wonderful hobby and once you have mastered a few basic stitches you can make so many gorgeous things. On my 'to do' list is a beaded bag.  It will take me many weeks to complete so it is not on the horizon  it is a 'one day' project. I have another busy week coming up and not enough hours in the day but I do like to be busy.

Oh and Tony and I watched the entire 1st series of a French TV series  The Returned yesterday.  We had seen series 2 advertised but didn't have a clue what it was about.  We now are addicted to French drama.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cherie, thanks for your visit to my blog. I've been looking through some of your posts and you're a multi talented lady.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sami. I enjoyed browsing your blog too. x

      Delete