Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Wednesday, 23 September 2015

The poncho (potentially)

I have just ordered a metre of gorgeous grey wool tartan from ebay.   At the Stokesley Show on Saturday there was a stand selling really lovely poncho's  but the price tag was an eyewatering £99.  The cost of my fabric from ebay???????  £6.99 and £2.50 postage.  I have bookmarked the exact style of poncho that I plan to make when the fabric arrives. Now the dilemma?  What shall I line it with? It doesn't need to be lined but I want this to last me through a few winters and plan to wear it a lot  so want a nice warm lining.  Any suggestions will be gratefully received

This is the style of Poncho that I plan to make......   http://smileandwave.typepad.com/blog/2012/11/poncho-diy.html

1 comment:

  1. well, I've been over and taken a look at the poncho and I like it. I remember years ago I made one out of granny squares and added fringing, I think they must have been all the rage back then in the 70's. I remember that it was nice and warm so see no reason why yours shouldn't be. I like it
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete