Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Wednesday, 30 September 2015

The lovely warm poncho

On Monday I decided to make the poncho that I mentioned in my post the other day.  I thought it would take me an hour......  It took nearly all day as I had quite a bit of unpicking and resewing to do.  My next one will take me at most a couple of hours..... I think..... :-)  If anyone can suggest a way to make the 'vee' part a little snugger I would welcome it.  My friend and oracle Anona has made a great suggestion so it will be used in the next one that I make.   Come on now, did you really think that I would stop at one?  :-)  Here is the link to the blog where the instructions are      http://smileandwave.typepad.com/blog/2012/11/poncho-diy.html.... Off to teach at the knitting group this morning and then this afternoon I am baking cakes.  The WI have been asked to cater at a fellow members funeral so I shall be donning my pinny tomorrow and serving tea and cakes.


6 comments:

  1. I have a couple which I use when pottering , but I just find its so windy here that it's always round my neck, plus if your large you tend to look a bit like clint Eastwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. have seen them made with a hood which would fill the neck line up a bit. Might be worth a search on pintrest. Apart from that it looks really good.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's lovely ! I don't sew clothes ( I quilt, though ) so I have no help for you ....only know that it would take me a lot of seam ripping to get it right! :) congrats on a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and quite classy. Perfect for a fall outfit. It reminds me of Channel suits. :-)

    ReplyDelete