Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Thursday, 3 September 2015

Insomnia cure (possibly)

For as long as I can remember I have woken up through the night.  Not always to use the toilet either. I simply have slept long enough and need to get up, as once I am awake, I am wide awake and can't go back to sleep. This has often had me knitting or crafting at 4am as it wouldn't be fair to my hubby or neighbours to have me rattling around the house. On Saturday, I read a leaflet from Yorkshire Lavender extolling the sleep inducing properties of lavender oil, I read that if you rub a couple of drops of the oil onto your feet it will help you to sleep.  I have some lavender aromatherapy oil in my stash that I have been using to refresh my little lavender bottle (blogged about it a couple of years ago) so thought that I would give it a try.  I HAVE SLEPT THROUGH WITHOUT WAKING.  I was so stunned when the alarm went off at 6am that I completely forgot about the lavender oil and was baffled as to why for the first time in  many many years, I have managed to sleep through. Then I remembered the lavender oil that I had rubbed on the soles of my feet last night. I will try it again tonight and see if it really did work.

3 comments:

  1. This is interesting, it obviously worked. This make me think that the idea of rubbing vicks vapour rub on the soles of your feet to help a cough may just work. I will try it next time.
    All of these natural cures are overlooked in favour of medicines , such a shame.
    Let us know if it works again.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must give it a go, I never sleep through.

    ReplyDelete