Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Sunday, 30 August 2015

Two became one.

For as long as I can remember I have owned two freezers. One stood in the garage and the other in the kitchen...... Well yesterday we condensed the contents of both freezers and one of them is heading off today to live with student son Alexander at his student house. This has freed up a large chunk of space in the garage but as nature abhors a vacuum I am sure it will rapidly fill with 'stuff'.  I found all manner of things in the freezer that were well past using.  There was a container of blackberries which I was planning to put in the Rumtopf today.  Once they had defrosted they looked all mushy and unappetising so they have gone in the green waste bin. I would much prefer to go and pick some fresh ones from the hedgerow. There was also half a cherry flapjack that I made earlier this year.  That will get eaten tonight as dessert with some custard or ice cream... Speaking of ice cream.  Alexander bought some rather tasty looking salted caramel ice cream while Tony and I were away.  Then he forgot all about it and I keep threatening to eat it.  If it doesn't go home with him today then we may just have to eat if next time there is a good film on TV.... I won't hold my breath as there is so much tosh and repeated stuff on.  Having said that. Tony and I were hooked by the new series. Resistance on Friday night.  It is in French with subtitles but we were engrossed by it and will follow it from now on.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a repast for you! Had a great time at Kims class reunion. Met a young lass who remembered me from school by my 'lovely dark brown eyes' That is a first!!!!!! She reminded me of Mimi from 'allo 'allo. Lovely and cheeky. xxx

    ReplyDelete