Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Thursday, 27 August 2015

Tambour work

Last year I discovered a lovely craft called Tambour work and bookmarked it for a future project.  For my birthday my gorgeous son Alexander bought me a set of Tambour hooks .... I love that young man.....  Over the past few days I have been watching videos on You tube and the skill of the crafters is staggering.  I  am currently learning to master the art of using the hook so hope to have something to show you at some point but let me tell you about yesterday.
The urge to clean hit me  ( no idea why)  so I put some boppy music on and danced through the house scrubbing and cleaning as I went. Both bathrooms, the entrance hall and the kitchen were scrubbed to within an inch of their lives.  Tony was  a bit shell shocked at the rearranged kitchen and hall all smelling lemon fresh and sparkling. Once the urge to clean subsided I settled down for a few hours of crafting. I am busting a gut to show you what I have made but am entering them all in our local show so you will have to wait until the back end of September.   .     

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to know how you get on with the tambour work, I have the needles and have given it a try several times but it is one craft that I just can't get to grips with. Hopefully you will be able to give me some tips.
    I watched it being done at a craft fair one year and it looked so simple and beautiful.
    Can't wait to see how you get on.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete