Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Paper flowers

I have been playing with paper again just lately.  The red rose is made from a coffee filter and the carnation is tissue that was wrapped around a bouquet of flowers that Tony bought me last year.  I will make another rose but will use a template to cut the petals as I don't want to have the crimped bit of the filter on some of the petals.  To colour it red I mixed a little gouache into a small bowl of water and then dip dyed it.  I hung it to dry and then curled the petals to make them look more realisic.  As usual it looks so much nicer than the photo portrays.




3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW stunning especially the beautiful rose :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think that these are simply gorgeous! I have made flowers out of coffee filters, but not nearly as pretty as this. Last summer I bought a book at a yard sale showing how to make different flowers out of crepe paper. I have been wanting to pull it out and try it. You've inspired me! Happy to now be following you.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete