Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Thursday, 20 August 2015

A new craft group

I am currently about to start working with a new group of people and it will be great fun  introducing them all to the wonderful world of my craft stuffed brain. On Tuesday I went along to introduce myself to the management team and met a couple of people that might be interested in taking part in the sessions. The lady who originally contacted me asked if I might bring along a few samples of my work so that they could see how it would work with the group. They have never met me before and it was purely by chance that my friend was asked if if she would be interested in teaching at the group  She wasn't interested but gave them my name and I received a phone call initially about teaching people to crochet and knit. The group is based in a town that I haven't worked in for many years and the staff had no idea of the kinds of things that I make. .  I unloaded a small suitcase full of bits and pieces that I have made from recycled materials and it was lovely to see the reaction.  It ranged from total disbelief to amazed silence.  I have been crafting with junk for so long now that I had almost forgotten about some of the bits and bobs that I have stashed away in boxes.  It was lovely to share my bits of nonsense with a totally new group and I am going to have enormous fun prepping for sessions.  I will let you know how I get on

3 comments:

  1. I bet you have the orange fruit nets I was looking for today.......I've put mine somewhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I binned all mine and then thought of a brilliant use for them......... off citrus fruit at the moment.

      Delete