Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Monday, 20 July 2015

Free cherries

This afternoon Tony, Alexander and I picked 2kg of cherries off a neighbourhood tree. I have stoned them and put them to soak in brandy for Christmas.  I could have got tons more but don't need them as I still have loads of jam from last year.  Aldi's currently have 200g punnets of cherries for £1.09.  That means I have in excess of £10 woth of cherries for free. Next month it will be plum season so I plan to collect a load and make plum brandy too.  I am seriously thinking about starting a rumtopf for Christmas as it is such a waste to let good fruit just rot on the trees.

1 comment:

  1. claforties or how ever on earth you spell it?

    ReplyDelete