Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Wednesday, 3 June 2015

From bland to bling (and a £1 matchpot)

In a previous post I have mentioned that Tony has never liked wallpaper.  I was stunned when he agreed to let me decorate the bedroom and even more stunned when he picked out this butterfly wallpaper.   We had originally hoped to to buy bedding to match the grey in the background but couldn't get a good match.  We eventually picked one of the colours from the butterfly and chose this fuchsia pink for the bedding............ then on Saturday while we were shopping Tony picked up a £1 paint match pot which perfectly matched the colour.  He painted the tissue box cover and the bedside lamps (those lamps have been painted many times over the past 14 years) to match everything. I added a few bits of bling to the tissue box just for a bit of sparkle.  The end result is such a total contrast to how it looked before that I really can hardly believe that he would let me use these colours.  I love that man  :-)





1 comment: