Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Friday, 8 May 2015

Horrible kind of day

I had a lovely walk this morning and had just sat down to have my hair cut when I got the phone call that everyone dreads.  'Cher, you are not to worry but Tony has had an accident'.  I was then told that they were waiting for an ambulance and as soon as they knew which hospital Tony was being taken to someone would come and pick me up and drive me there.  I actually got to the hospital before the ambulance which scared the bejeezers out of me. When the ambulance arrived with my poor lovely hubby  I got to see the damage.  A big black eye, two huge grazed bumps on his head and his finger at a very strange angle.  He was ashen white and shaken to the core and that is not at all like him. It wasn't known if he had hurt his spine and they immediately put him in a collar and taped him to the bed so he couldn't move.  We spent five hours at the hospital while they xray'd him all over, head neck, back, hip and hands. I thank my lucky stars that he wasn't as badly hurt as had been first thought.  Oh, and I didn't get the haircut so that will have to wait until next week.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds very painful - hope he feels a little better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lainie. I was absolutely beside myself while I waited for news. Tony had fallen off the back of a moving wagon. He had been fixing chains on and the driver hadn't realised that he was actually on the wagon. When the driver stopped to reverse Tony was thrown from it. It had only been going at abot 15 miles an hour but it didn't make the landing any softer. Thankfully it is pretty much superficial damage, he has a corker of a black eye and one side of his face is very sore and angry looking...... it will all heal.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Trudie, He is aching all over today and his black eye looks amazing but thankfully it will all heal in a week or two. x

      Delete
  2. Oh poor Tony and you of course having such a nasty scare. How did it happen? Not that it really matters as long as your hubby is ok. Sending hugs. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending best wishes to you both, hope Tony has a speedy recovery.
    Let us know how he is getting on when you can.
    Pam in Texas.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. He is bruised and battered but he will heal.... thank heavens. xxx

      Delete