Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Saturday, 25 April 2015

Happy feet

Here is my latest pair of socks. Please ignore the bags in the background. I delivered a craft session to a lovely group of ladies on Thursday and have been so busy pond digging that I haven’t gotten around to sorting out my craft things. I used to wonder why anyone would go to all that trouble to knit a pair of socks.... now I understand.  They are soft, snuggly and cushiony.  Best of all I MADE THEM.   This is my fifth pair and I am about to knit a pair for my friend Anona. Tony and I are going to visit in August and I am putting together a little parcel of handmade goodies as I know she will appreciate all the work that has gone into them.   Thankfully she has tiny feet and I have just the perfect wool to knit them with.



4 comments:

  1. Your socks are beautiful. Knitting is so hard for me. I'm totally spastic when it comes to holding two needles. Maybe it's because I learned to crochet first. I'm sure your friend will love a pair of your hand knitted socks. What a very special gift that will be! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really expected the four/five needle thing to be impossible. I held off knitting socks for a long long time. Then I found out how easy they are once you master holding all those needles

      Delete
  2. Oooo, Cherry Bounce they are gorgeous. My tootsies appreciate being warm. Heyho got given another wadge of fabric on Thursday. Little Britches had great delight in using his late great grandmothers treadle yesterday. I have hopes he might be helping me out in the sewing department before he is much older:)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I expect to see him on the sewing bee in ten years then?????

    ReplyDelete