Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Woodcarving

I may have mentioned it once or twice before. I may even have shown you the odd photo or two of an ongoing project but I don't think I actually have told you very much about our carving club. We meet every Tuesday during term time at the primary school in High Conniscliffe. The club has around 80 members though we average about 28 at each meeting. The ages range from 12 right through to 80 + and you would be hard pressed to find a nicer group of people.  If you like friendly banter peppered with the odd joke or two and as much encouragement and support you might need while you master a new skill then perhaps you should come along and give the club a try.  You will get four weeks free with all the instruction, materials and tools you need to try a project. You don't need to be able to draw in order to carve as we simply choose a picture and transfer the design onto wood using carbon paper. Then the fun begins...   If you have had a hard day at work or someone has irritated you then pick up that mallet and choose your chisel... You won't believe how those irritations melt away as you bash that piece of wood into submission.  We also get the occasional social night at a pub close to the club when the school is closed. Then we can all let our hair down but don't expect a boozy night out. Pretty much everyone has driven to the pub so those tables will be dotted with pints of orange juice or other soft drinks. You can usually tell who is the passenger by what they are drinking  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment