Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Monday, 2 March 2015

The solitary sock

Now this is no ordinary solitary sock. It is not the humble thing looking for its partner in the laundry tub.  Oh no not at all.  This amazing creation was knitted by my own fair hands after lots of frogging and a few very unladylike words.  I now hope to make a matching one and then I shall put them both on and curl up in front of the fire with a nice slushy novel.  I have to say that my foray into the world of sock knitting poses a dilemma though.   I really should clean the house, wash the windows/floors.  hoover the stairs or even tidy my craft room. There is laundry to attend to and I even have a book that I want to read before I give it back to my friend.......... Scrub that last one as I need to make the matching sock to wear when I curl up with that book.  One cold foot would be very distracting. Anyway, I can't settle to any of the necessary but tedious tasks while the sock is suffering from loneliness. I will just have to complete the second sock and the housework can wait till tomorrow.


6 comments:

  1. My efforts on the sock front haunt me , you would need hoofs for them to look ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sock is best when it is paired with another... I think your priorities are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat and love the colour. Next project, tights. Bellmans, you must remember Bellmans the wool shop had a lovely pattern for hand knitted tights way back in the late 60's.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Housework is a waste of time- everything gets dirty again.
    A pair of socks is much more important. This looks great.
    Never tried to knit socks - the thought of 4 needles sends me into shock lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. alison, you can knit socks on circular needles :) just have a nosey on google :) and well done on your sock hun, i love the idea of making them but i HATE making things that come in twos haha i did finish one sock years ago but i never made the second :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh great. I might have a go :-)

      Delete