Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Thursday, 5 March 2015

The matching pair is complete

Well after lots of frogging and sighing I have finally finished the matching sock.  I wore them last night to pad around the house in and they are incredibly cosy and warm. I thoroughly enjoyed knitting them and will be starting another pair soon so watch this space. Today I shall spend an hour or two on the dreaded housework and then if the weather is fine I will sit in the garden and carve the letter opener that is my current wood carving project. I have ordered a beautiful sunflower die and it should arrive in a day or two and I have a big project in mind for the flowers.... note the plural there......  This year here in Nunthorpe the Northumbria in Bloom theme is to be sunflowers.  I have bought the seeds of a couple of different varieties and they will be sown outdoors in a week or two. This of course set my brain buzzing and as soon as I saw the sunflower die I knew I had to buy it and make a whole pile of sunflowers.  I already have a Poppy and a Daffodil die from this particular range of dies and the results are absolutely stunning.  I am looking out for a hydrangea die now as a tiny little project is beginning to emerge from the deepest darkest depths of my brain. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cherie, I have downloaded the sock pattern so may attempt to make a pair. You certainly are a busy crafter, do you ever stop? Lol. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laine, give it a try as it really is straightforward. I will be starting another pair soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Alison. It is really therapeutic knitting socks. x

      Delete