Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Friday, 13 March 2015

The flower ball

Yesterday I had to clean all my things away from the dining  table as we had our lovely friends over last night.  I love social evenings with Ken and Elaine as they are such good fun. Elaine is an amazing cook and a thoroughly lovely person. Anyway.. off I go on a tangent again.  I am getting around to telling you about the little project that I made with some of my paper flowers yesterday before I cleaned everything away.  Last year one of the things on my Christmas present list was Polystyrene balls  (I know how to live)   I have made a couple of things with them but I had a eureka moment yesterday.......  Hmmmm.....   balls and flowers????????  why not make a flower ball.   The end result really is pretty and the gaps don't actually show as much as the picture implies.  I have hung it from a hook in my hallway.  Now I might have to make a whole load of sunflower ones for the Northumbria in Bloom day.  I am determined to make a real effort to decorate this year.  I don't think we are on the judging route but I really want to make an effort to take part.



5 comments:

  1. Delightful Cherie - I wouldn't have noticed the gaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. But I bet you would really :-)

      Delete
  2. Your flower ball is just fabulous.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. it was great fun to make.... x

      Delete
  3. Just a little thought but to make bigger frugal balls to make flower balls, what about the old trick of papier mache covered balloons. You can then make you floral displays any size you like. Having seen the inroh what about an enuii?

    ReplyDelete