Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Sunday, 15 March 2015

The finished Inro and matching Netsuke

It is a beautiful afternoon but a little too chilly to sit outside in the sunshine.  I wish my house faced the other way around as it is lovely and warm in the porch  but perishingly cold in the conservatory.  It will be another month before it is warm enough to sit through there.  The garden does look pretty though with all the spring bulbs, pansies and primula popping up everywhere.  It is almost time to get the propagator up from the cellar to make a start on my seeds and cuttings.   Then the porch will be really nice for growing the plants. It does create a lot of hard work as I take them back out of the porch every night to stop them getting too cold in there.   anyway, my post title was not about gardens so here is the completed Inro and Netsuke.  I should actually have put the Netsuke on the other way around as it would be upside down if it were to be used in the traditional Japanese way.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks fabulous and to think it started out as a cosmetic bottle, you are so clever. It sounds as though you had the best of the weather today as it has been very overcast, showery and perishing cold. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant as usual. Next challenge, decoupage your bicycle. Just seen a photy of one and it is stunning. if that doesn't get your legs twirling nothing will.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing that this started out as an old bottle :-)

    ReplyDelete