Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Sunday, 22 March 2015

The Big Tidy Up

Yesterday Tony and I took part in the Keep Britain Tidy Big Tidy Up.  We wandered around the estate armed with a supply of plastic bags and a couple of 'litter pickers'  and we collected three bin liners full of litter.  Now this might horrify you into thinking it looks like 'slum dog Millionaire' territory here in Nunthorpe but you couldn't be more wrong.  Yes there was litter about but we collected most of the litter from hedges.  The bone idle had simply pushed the empty cans and other bits of rubbish deep into the hedgerows.  It wasn't always immdiately apparent but Tony is ex army and doesn't do things by half.  If we say we are cleaning up then by heck do we clean up.  I am sure that locals may have thought I was doing community redress as I wore a bright green plastic tabard...... Tony refused to wear one.... can't for the life of me think why...  :-) I bet they thought he was supervising some ne-er do well.  Anyway, in my usual long winded way I am getting around to showing you what I did with the plastic tabard when we got home.... I spun it into plarn on my drop spindle and have added the plarn to my stash to be used in a project when I get around to it.


3 comments:

  1. would have expected nothing less. So what are you going to make with the plarn? I can see a diddy froglet on the horizon! well done for the clear up. People are all to good at moaning about the state of their environs and wont do anything to redress the problem.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anona...... we must have been typing at the same time. The tabard is now a large fish

    ReplyDelete
  3. still think it should have been a froglet. Methinks the green fish has been out on the razzle all weekend and is feeling a tad delicate today!

    ReplyDelete