Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Saturday, 7 March 2015

Paper sunflowers

Well my lovely new set of cutting dies arrived the other day but I have been so busy knitting socks that I haven't had time to even look at them. Tony was off yesterday and that meant we could go and do the weekend food shopping.... which leaves Saturday free to do as we please.... Tony is having a sleep in and  me being an early bird means that I have been up for the past couple of hours cutting the bits and pieces to make the sunflowers.  Each petal needs to be cut ten times and there are four layers of petals so this is no mean feat.  I am planning to make a big string of the sunflowers and use them as bunting.  I might also make some poppies and do the same with them.


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It gets a little mind numbing whe you have a lot to cut. x

      Delete
  2. Oh Cherie these are magnificent :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you always say such nice things Alison. xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow that's a lot of cutting but so worth it cos they look fantastic and will make wonderful bunting. Lainie xc

    ReplyDelete