Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Sunday, 22 February 2015

WI craft day

Good morning all.  I have been wide awake since 05:00 so got up at 05:15 and practiced sketching. I have no idea why I was awake so early as we didn't have a particularly early night last night.  I wonder if my brain was going into crafting meltdown as I had enjoyed a lovely day of crafting yesterday with my fellow WI members. We all atempted Assissi work for the first time but as it took pretty much all day simply to stitch the outline it is going to take me quite a while to finsh the cross stitch part.  I had forgotten just how long cross stitching takes and greatly admire the stunning embroidery work that many people create.  I have also been busy making more zip brooches as they are such fun and so therapeutic to make. I wake up and want to start on my next project the moment my eyes open. I just wish they had opened a little later tody as Tony isn't likely to wake up for hours yet and I try very hard to be as quiet as I can so as not to wake him. I have no idea what I shall make today as we need to go and do the weekend shopping before I can think about that.  Roll on the spring when it will be light enough early in the morning to go out into Le Crafterie and work until Tony wakes.

1 comment:

  1. You're such a busy crafter! I just finished working on a counted cross stitch project last night. Hooray!! I am doing the four seasons of the year by Lizzie Kate.
    Thank you for your visit to my blog and your kind comments about my son.

    ReplyDelete