Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Monday, 9 February 2015

Stale bread brooches

Last week I made some stale bread flowers and I have let them become totally dry.  This morning I went out into Le Crafterie and cut a pile of circles from scrap card.  I stacked the circles 6 high and put glue between each layer. Then I ran each stack through my Bigshot inside an embossing folder just to make sure the glue is well and truly spread out.  Next I painted them with acrylic paint and stuck some of my stale bread flowers onto the front of each stack.  I need to leave them to become totally dry and then I will give them a coat of varnish. I am planning to bead  around these  'cabochon style'  and  I shall make them into little brooches.  They will go into my 'little box of presents'  I aim to make a box full of all manner of handmade things and those of my friends that appreciate hand made things will receive one in with her birthday card.





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful - they will be loved by whoever receives them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are looking gorgeous and I am sure will be appreciated by many of your friends. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they have turned out great. Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete