Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Tuesday, 10 February 2015

My beautiful glass dip pen

Well would you believe that I can't find the ink?.... sooooooo.... not being one to give up and having decided that I would try the pen this morning, I mixed up some watercolour paint.  I am not talking about those nasty cheap little sets that we buy for children (why do we do that)?  I have a lovely set of paints that I bought to take to France with me the next time we go.  I have this silly little notion of sitting in the sun with my watercolours.  I digress... I mixed up some watercolours and tried writing with the pen.   It is a lovely thing and is the kind of pen that I would use to sit and write poetry.  It is such a thing of beauty that I couldn't fail to be inspired. One dip of the pen into the watercolour paint and I was able to write almost half a page of words.  I squiggled with the pen and drew little hearts and dots.... it is lovely to write with but not really the sort of pen to use everyday as a note taking kind of pen. I like to think it is the kind of pen for writing letters by the fire on a long winter evening.




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I have never seen one of these pens before. Not only does it look beautiful but writes beautifully too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use watercolours :-)

    ReplyDelete