Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Monday, 9 February 2015

Glass dip pen

This year for Christmas I bought my sister and myself a beautiful handmade glass pen each.  In my craft stash I have several bottles of ink in a variety of colours and I think that tomorrow after my visit to the dentist I may well have to spend an hour or two learning how to get the best from this lovely pen. I have been watching videos on you tube and it will be interesting to see how much ink the pen will use. Tomorrow I will post some photos of the pen and compare it with my trusty old sheaffer. I miss that pen and would love to know where it went. I do have a beautiful Swarovski Crystal pen in my collection and it is a lovely pen to look at.  In fact now that I have decided to try the glass dip pen I have done a mental count of all the lovely ones in my stash.  I have several that were made for me by fellow wood turners.  A couple that Tony commissioned for me and of course I have loads of the trusty old BIC pens.  I love the way my writing always looks rather nice when I use the BIC pens.  I saw a really nice project recently on one of the craft sites.  The lady has shown how to 'bling up your biro'.   The end result was really pretty and all she really did was to take the pen apart and wrap some pretty paper around the ink thingy  (must find out what they are called).  Then she slid the ink thingy back into its clear plastic case.... The end results could be really amazing if you spent a little time.....hmmm I feel another project looming.  If it wasnt carving club night I could be tempted to bling up a few pens just to see what I can come up with.  I really have no idea how anyone can complain that they are bored.  There really are not enough hours in the day for me

1 comment: