Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Saturday, 14 February 2015

Fifty shades of grey

I knew that would make you look.  Sorry to disappoint but I am talking about the charcoal drawing that I learned how to do at the art class that I attended this morning. The group is a lovely group of smashing local people and I have had a thoroughly lovely morning.  We played with charcoal and  were shown how to use it to shade and colour in a sketch. I am thrilled to bits with my first attempts as I had no idea that you could be taught to draw.  I had assumed that you were born with the ability to paint and draw and simply needed to practice a skill that you already had. Mary Lou the teacher is a great lady for boosting confidence and I wish we had a teacher like her at school when i was growing up.

2 comments:

  1. Cheeky girl!! Lol!! I haven't heard any good reports about the movie tet- just saying. I also thought you had to be born with the 'artistic' gene but have learnt recently that isn't so. Pleased you enjoyed your day shading grey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the piccie of your drawing??? Show us :-)

    ReplyDelete