Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Wednesday, 21 January 2015

A nice long walk and UB40

Alexander rang last night to ask if Tony and I would like to go to either Birmingham or London as guests to see UB40 play.  We have opted for the London venue  'The Brixton Academy' as he is crewing there for the concert.  It is great that he can get us on the guest list for free tickets..... That's my boy.... :-)  We had planned another trip to the Keukenhoff gardens in Holland but have decided that we will save the money and book a nice B and B in Brixton and have a weekend there instead.  It seems like only weeks ago that he first went off to Uni and now he is more than half way through his course.

Today I take myself in hand and start the 'long walks' again.  Most of last year I went for a good long walk once or twice a week with Ken but before Christmas I came down with this darn chest infection and a good long walk would have finished me. Today I am about 75% well so a walk is planned. I bet my legs ache when I get back but I am determined to get my fitness levels up.  Each Tuesday when Tony and I go to carvers we see a large group of runners practicing. My chest knots up into a tight ball at the very thought of running but I did get to a point last year when I seriously thought my chest might be strong enough to cope with a gentle jog.......... I got a far as thinking about it.... This year once I am back into the swing of long walks I might even get the urge to jog. I rarely get an Asthma attack now and in fact it only troubled me a couple of times last year.  The walking has made a heck of a difference. Oh and I have all but finished my latest carving and will post a photo later today when it is light enough to take one.  It needs a few tweaks as the wax polish that I put onto it last night has highlighted a few snaggly bits that need sorting. Speaking of carving. A fellow carver gave me a template for a letter knife last night so I am hoping to make a start on that this afternoon.  I have finished my parcels for the Valentine swap that I am signed up for and need to get them wrapped in tissue and sent off. I haven't posted photo's as I know that the two recipients pop along for a little look at  my blog. As soon as I hear that they have been received i will post a few pictures.

3 comments:

  1. oh dear i thought it said WD40 , then was baffled why it was about a concert................im having a granny morning !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just popped up in my email. Didn't know you had a blog. Good for you. Will try to follow you a bit more often. I am seriously into quilting these days although I can't sit for long - not if I want to be able to walk when I get up. Have a quilting group that meet here every 2 weeks. Enthusiastic bunch!! Must get my back, or neck, fixed then I might be able to walk again.

    ReplyDelete