Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Thursday, 11 December 2014

More for the craft stash

Last night I was given a huge bag full of a variety of different widths of nylon lace. There is also about 30 metres of a lovely blue braid and about twenty bobbins of different weights of crochet cotton. That got me thinking though.  People that don't know me assume that I only ever use recycled things to create and craft with.  They have never seen the beautiful Swarovski Crystal jewellery that I have made over the past 10 years.  They will never get to see my beautiful patchwork quilts and nor will they get to see the embroidered bags that I make.  I knit, crochet, turn wood, carve wood.   I sew and quilt and I love to cook. I can cut glass and engrave glass. Give me a packet of seed beads and I can make beautiful little beaded pictures (not to mention the beaded cross stitch) How on earth anyone can say that they are bored is completely beyond me.  My crafting with recyclables shows that you need very little money in order to make something but if you can afford to spend a little then the whole world of crafts opens up.  Why not make a resolution to learn something new next year. If you don't try it you will never know just what you are capable of.  You don't even need to buy books and magazines.  Go along to your local library and take a look through the crafts section. Sit in the warm there and flick through a few books till you find something that whets your appetite. You don't even need to have internet access at home as you can book the computers in the library. Watch some 'You Tube' videos and see how your chosen craft is done.  You may well discover a new hobby that had not even occurred to you.......  anyway, must dash as I want to get ready for the sugarcraft session that I am attending at the local library later this morning..

No comments:

Post a Comment