Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Monday, 6 October 2014

A fresh new start

Now that I have deactivated my facebook account I am enjoying spending a lot more time crafting.  On Saturday I started to crochet a circle jacket and after many attempts and loads of pulling it back cos it was starting to buckle due to too many increases I am well on my way with it.  Unfortunately my thumb and right arm ache like mad as I just couldn't put it down.  I am letting it rest for few days and also considering covering my crochet hooks with polymer clay to make them easier to hold.  I bought a couple of sets off ebay and though they are good sets they are rather flimsy and bend easily.I am hoping that the polyclay with make them stronger.

On a completely different theme, I have discovered a great way to keep the weeds down in the garden..... EAT THEM..... You think I am kidding don't you  :-)  I am not.  Have a look on you tube,  weeds are so good for you. I was more than a little worried when I first added a handful of nettles to my smoothie. I dipped my finger in first,  then the tongue and only when I was quite sure that they weren't going to set my mouth on fire did I drink it. Next day I added a handful of dandelions to the nettles for my smoothie... I make a base smoothie with fruit and apple juice and add a handful of weeds to the mix before blitzing it in the blender.  I discovered last night that you can eat the skin on Kiwi fruit so the whole thing went in this morning along with an unpeeled peach.  I shall report back and tell you if I am suddenly super fit.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your crochet work Cherie.
    Nettle tea is a brilliant antioxidant and dandelions are a diuretic.
    Nature provides all the answers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. or if your sat crocheting on the loo for the rest of the week...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a good springclean :-)

      Delete