Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Friday, 11 July 2014

Tatty old stool transformation

We very nearly threw this tatty old stool out.  I am so glad that I didn't as it looks really nice now.  I spent ages yesterday painting it yellow and after several coats of paint I gave it a coat of varnish........ it looked an absolute mess as the varnish seem to drag bare patches onto it.  I am not keen on the 'shabby chic' look so I started again and this time painted it cream.  I gave it 3 coats of paint and then this morning I waxed it with clear wax.  Tony and I have just removed the old leatherette cover off the stool and have stapled a lovely heavyweight upholstery fabric on.

It looks so much nicer in the flesh as ever




No comments:

Post a Comment