Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Friday, 28 February 2014

Mini bodice

I was looking through the first aid kit the other day and noticed that a lot of the packets had use by dates on the gauze and sterile pads.  The ones in our kit were about ten years past the use by and though i am sure they will be perfectly safe to use it set my craft stuffed brain thinking.    Craft people have brains that kind of go  'hmmmmn, I wonder if''?. Or we think 'ooooooh I could make a half dozen things with that.  So here is what I made with a couple of sheets of gauze and some paper pulp  ................yeah I know, I will eventually get through all those revision papers.  I used t have to rely on old envelopes and official letters for my paper pulp until Alexander left home. I probably have enough of his revision papers to last me a couple of  lifetimes.  I love it when I get a brightly coloured envelope because they add a nice hint of colour to the paper pulp.  I have a lovely purple one in my envelope stash but I am waiting for the weather to warm up a little.  I like to dry the 'creations' outside if i can as it takes a fraction of the time it would take indoors. Poor Tony frequently comes home to a windowsill full of paper pulp creations or a variety of glass bowls full of different colours of pulp.





1 comment:

  1. once upon a time i also got given stacks of out of date dressing packs, plaster of paris I thought , then realised we didnt have any and its a long way to the shop, what sets like concrete I thought , Weetabix . It does give it an interesting finish , plus the cat liked weetabix

    ReplyDelete