Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Saturday, 25 January 2014

Genuine gold leaf

I am thrilled to be able to say that I have just played with my first ever gold leaf.  On Tuesday at Carvers a fellow carver offered me a book of gold leaf scraps left over from some lettering that he had been doing.  There is about 15 little pages with plenty for me to play with.  I popped into town today to buy some gold size and this is my very first attempt.  As you can see by the photos my hand was a bit unsteady with the size but that will get better with practice.

The cross is one of my batch of salt dough medieval crosses.  I stuck an acrylic gem in the centre and the other gems are Austrian crystal. I had painted the snakes with gold metallic paint and they look beautiful now. Tomorrow I shall give them a second coat of size and gold leaf.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cherie.,this is amazing.Haven't forgotten about the link for b&b.Will send soon.x

    ReplyDelete