Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Thursday, 17 October 2013

Luxury lemon ice cream

My friend June makes the most amazing lemon ice cream using nothing more than double cream, lemons and icing sugar so I thought i would try making it at home.  It makes a very firm ice cream so if you want it as a dessert I would suggest lifting it out of the freezer at least fifteen mintues before serving.  I bet it would make a lovely 'posh dessert' if you served it with some really good quality sugar coated biscuits.

This is the way I made it today but i am sure that you could adapt it if you prefer a 'sharper' lemon flavour.  This one is yummy and very lemony without being sharp.


Juice and zest of one medium sized lemon   (scrub it well to remove the wax coating)
100g of powdered icing sugar
225ml of double cream.
A tablespoon of ice cold water

Here's how I made it

 I whipped the cream very lightly with the iced water and then I simply added the icing sugar and lemon zest and juice.  I whipped this until it started to leave a trail in the cream but wasn't yet at the 'peaking' stage.  Then I simply spooned it into these little glass containers that I was given some time ago.  They are the containers that 'M and S' desserts come in.   The quantity made more than I expected so i am leaving the remainder of the mixture in the bowl and Tony and I will have some of it tonight for dessert.  You don't want to eat a lot of this as it is obviously very rich and definitely not diet food.

No comments:

Post a Comment