Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Friday, 11 October 2013

Carved beef bone

This is to be an ongoing project as it is very verrrrrry hard to carve. I have managed to rough out the flower and will gradually add more detail when I can spare the time.  This piece took me four hours of hard carving to get it to this stage  yesterday.  If you attempt this it is really important to keep your chisels really sharp and remember that the bone will take the edge of the chisels after only a couple of passes.  I got my bone from our local butcher but I understand that you can buy clean and sterilised bones at the 'pet superstores'. These  sterile bones are intended for dogs but take a huge amount of work out of the carving process as it takes several hours to clean and sterilise a bone before it is fit to carve


No comments:

Post a Comment