Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Butterfly explosion

Yesterday I blitzed Le Crafterie as it was starting to look ..... well like someone has been crafting and not tidying up after themselves if you know what i mean :-) Anyway, I cut a whole pile of coloured envelops into 1cm wide strips to make a string of coloured beads when I can spare the time.  This of course left me with a pile of 'envelope flaps so I free cut and punched using craft punches a pile of different sized butterflies.  I used these to create a 'Butterfly Explosion' wall art for Le Crafterie.  I also came across a lovely paper bag that had contained my favourite perfume (Chanel  Mademoiselle) from the 'duty free' shop on board the ferry. I cut this into 10cm wide and about 30cm long triangles.  I rolled these up 'bead fashion' and created butterfly bodies. I made antennae from wire and wings from cereal boxes.  They now adorn the walls of Le Crafterie and look rather sweet.  I would normally have kept all the snips and scraps of leftover envelopes to pulp and use as a resource but I don't really have a lot of space in there at the moment as I have several bags of ready prepared 'craft sessions' ready for my upcoming workshops.

2 comments:

  1. all these butterflies - methinks your unconscious mind is trying to tell you something Cherry Bounce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well today I made an eggshell mosaic tree . Does that mean I am totally cracked

    ReplyDelete