Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Lovin my Lucet

I went into le Crafterie yesterday with an old scrap of wood that was lurking in the bottom of my carving bag and made a start on the Lucet.  The wood proved to be really hard to carve so I have 'allowed it' to remain rustic  AKA I got sick to death of sanding it cos it wouldn't carve.  Once I had sanded it .......a lot....... I rubbed it with a block of beeswax and rubbed it well in to the wood to seal it.  I will do this from time to time and it will build up a lovely sheen.

Photo: I went into le Crafterie yesterday with an old scrap of wood that was lurking in the bottom of my carving bag and made a start on the Lucet.  The wood proved to be really hard to carve so I have 'allowed it' to remain rustic  AKA I got sick to death of sanding it cos it wouldn't carve.  Once I had sanded it (a lot)  I rubbed it with a block of beeswax and rubbed it well in to the wood to seal it.  I will do this from time to time and it will build up a lovely sheen

No comments:

Post a Comment