Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Friday, 29 March 2013

Brandied Plum Jam

About eighteen months Tony and I picked a whole load of plums.  They have been steeping in brandy since then and we have enjoyed the delicious tipple.  Well now that one jar of the brandy is all finished I was left with a jar full of brandied plums.  It would be a shame to waste them so this afternoon I turned them into brandied plum jam.  It will be delicious on fresh scones with a nice dollop of cream. This is the second time that  I have done this and I can see it becoming a yearly thing.   We have quite a little stash of hedgerow tipple to use up and are hoping for a good year for cherries as we would love to make some cherry brandy this year.  There are two huge cherry trees close to where we live but since we found them we haven't had a decent crop of fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment