Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Monday, 24 December 2012

Christmas Eve

Phew, I am now sitting down with a lovely glass of mulled wine.  I studded an orange with cloves and popped it into the pan with a bottle of mulled wine.  It smells and tastes heavenly.

That isn' t all I have done today!!!!!!!  I have wrapped the last few pressies and baked a gorgeous ham.  Alexander will confirm that it tastes every bit is delicious as it looks.  It is hard to believe that I had never baked a ham until last year.  It is sooooooo easy to do and means that I have a lovely cold cut for over the next couple of days.  I saved the water that I cooked the ham in too.  I chucked in a couple of carrots, a sweet potato and a few ordinary spuds. Added a large chopped onion and then cooked it for 30 minutes in the lovely cooking water from the ham. I blitzed it with my hand blender  and will freeze it once it cools down so I have a quick meal in case we just fancy some soup and crusty bread in the New Year.

All that is left for me to do now is to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas a  happy and prosperous new year.




No comments:

Post a Comment