Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Monday, 22 October 2012

Soups on

And it smells gorgeous.  I used up the remains of yesterdays leg of lamb having boiled the bone with 3 pints of water last night.  I put half a jug of broth mixture to soak last night and then this morning I have turned the leftover lamb into the most delicious smelling broth.  I went through the fridge again and found a small bunch of spring onions which were a bit tired looking and half a pepper so that has gone in too.  This soup has potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, the spring onions and the half pepper.  I used two Knorr lamb stock cubes and my usual mix of ground spices.  I added the  three pints of lamb stock and all the meat that was left over from yesterday.  It is now in the slow cooker and will simmer there all day while I get on and put the house straight.

On a different note, I bought myself a circle loom and yesterday I managed to make myself a hat.  It looks pretty darn good for a first attempt too.  If you ever did French Knitting as a child then you could do this.  It is exactly the same but with loads more 'pegs' to lift the yarn over. Buy a chunky ball of yarn and give it a go. This ball of yarn was one of last years Christmas presents and has given me loads of fun. I knit the 'wingspan' shawlette with it and now have a matching hat.  There is still loads left over too so I may just manage a pair of fingerless gloves.  I followed this link to find the instructions.  The lady makes it so clear.  I have seen other very complicated ways of using the loom  but you will end up with the same result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zds2S6RxHJs&feature=related


No comments:

Post a Comment