Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Woodburning stove

Well we finally got around to having one installed. Last night was our first night of burning logs and it was beautifully warm. At first it was a bit smoky but once I had adjusted the vents it settled down. Now I need to see if I can put a cooking pot on top and warm some water. It would be great fun to boil a couple of eggs for my tea just using the heat off the stove.






Oh how dark the morning are in January. The evenings are starting to draw back just a little bit but it is so dark when I leave the house each morning. Standing at that bus stop is miserable when you can barely see anything other than car headlights. I think I may have seen a patch of crocus starting to appear but it is too dark to identify them yet. It is probably just rubbish blown up onto the grass bank.






I finished my lovely Fairtrade Cotton shawlette and I am really pleased with how it has turned out. The yarn was a dream to knit and I shall certianly buy some more once I have worked through some of my knitting stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment