Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Middle of January already











Where on earth is the month disappearing to? It is already half way through January. Weather today is cold but struggling to brighten up.

Tony and I went back to our carving club last nigth and it was really good to be back. We did have to drag ourselves away from the fire last night before going out but thoroughly enjoyed the evening when we got there.

When we got home I made a start on another shawlette. This one is going to be a gorgeous Midnight blue with a deep blue sparkly thread running through it. I have only knitted a little it but it is looking really nice so far. I am becoming a little obsessed with all this shawl knitting. I will have to start putting them away to give as presents. Trouble is I can't bring myslef to part with them when I have spent so many hours knitting them. I have discovered the most beautiful Fairtrade cotton yarn. Debbie Bliss Eco baby is utterly beautiful to knit. It is so soft and there is a fantastic range of colours. I have just ordered some in pinky shades so that I can knit a little shoulder wrap to keep the sun off my neck during the summer. We do get the occasional sunny day here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment